had enough of my netgear wireless router

Status
Not open for further replies.

robina_80

Banned
ive got a netgear WGT 624 and all the time it goes down and i know for a fact it isnt my cable modem going down, i found it goes down when im streeming video of the net, so i decided to scrap it and go with a new router preferably the n range, theres 3 makes im looking at linksys, netgear and d link and also theres a linksys by cisco so im gathering that one will be the best yeah?

heres the link

Linksys by Cisco WRT110 300Mbps Wireless N RangePlus Cable Router

to test if its the wireless ive put a cable to my pc to the ethernet ports of the wireless router and it seems to be working until i opened up firefox and it couldnt connect to the internet,

i went downstairs where the virgin media cable modem and my router is, i pulled out the ethernet cable connecting the router to the modem and i plugged in my laptop to the modem via the ethernet port to test if its the router faulty or modem and low and behold the modem wouldnt show up the internet,

i then pulled out the power to the modem and plugged it in again and it worked, so my question is, what on earth is wrong with my internet?

Well, you would have to reboot everything... or reissue the ip address, when you plug directly into your modem, as the comp has the info of the router, not the modem.

Can you use IE to get on the internet?

no it doesnt

im looking at the d link 635, 655 and the 855 both offer qos dunno wether there open source so you can change the o/s.

what do you think?

ps the reason why i dont want the Linksys WRT54GL is because i transfer files to and from pcs around my house and i want it faster so thats why im going for the n the 300mbps

after i stayed up until 2 last night and all this evening, ive finally made up my mind and i thank you for all your inputs you have given me, ive decided these 2 but i think im going to go with the 1 link, cheaper and i think it does exactly the same apart from more security features

RANGEMAX DUAL BAND WIRELESS-N ROUTER

RANGEMAX DUAL BAND WIRELESS-N ROUTER

also because netgear dont make a wireless dual band pci card yet im going to get the linksys one below

Linksys by Cisco Wireless-N PCI Adapter with Dual-Band WMP600N

ps: hope it doesnt disconnect like my last netgear router did more than once a month or couple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom