Guide to Newsgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheEnd187

Banned
Step 1 you will need a Newsreader thats more efficient than Outlook;) Personally i prefer Grabit for its simplicity download it at
Step1.jpg

Step 2 Install to whatever directory you desire
Step2.jpg

Step3 when installing remember to have Grabit Associated with NZB and BNS files
Step3.jpg

Step 4 Type in the name of your NNTP provider(I use my ISP's which is news.verizon.net) Click NNTP requires username/password
Step4.jpg

Here is a list of ISP's that do and dont provide NNTP access
NZBMatrix: NZB Usenet Downloads. Usenet ISP Servers List Free

Step 5 the hardest part ;) remembering your isp details they gave you fr Verizon it is the paper they gave you when you signed up or the e-mail address they gave you.
Step5.jpg

Step 6 Retreive the grouplist the grouplist is the group under which the "stuff" is locatted at
Step6.jpg

Step 7 now you have the grouplist
Step7.jpg

groups are arranged by name, most of the interesting stuff will be under alt.binaries/alt.bin wwhich includes games,pr0n,moies.pr0n,music,pr0n,tv eps,pr0n actually i advise staying away from the pr0n since the stuff in there is really disturbing.

Downloading
now lets say you wan do download a game for example we want to download a DS game we would look for the group that carries DS games which is alt.binaries.nintendo.ds after we locate it we right click and subscribe to it
Downloading1.jpg

after we subscribe we have to do a full update on the group which will finally let us veiw whats in the group
Downloading3.jpg

it should look like this^^^ it should be updating the group under the Batchtab

Now lets say we want to download ank battles, as you can see it is split into 9 parts, we highlight al 9 parts and right click and click grab selected articles
Downloading5.jpg

i was kinda slow on the prntscrn but as you can see the remaining parts are downloading, this game took like 25 seconds to dl, same principle applies to all downloads just highlight all the parts and grab the selected articles, but remember you have to suscribe to the group you wish to dl from, also note grabit fills up cace really quick so dont go wondering here all your diskspace went.

now remember step 3? we wanted to associate this program with NZBs, NZBs are kinda like torrents in nesgroups,basically its just a file that has all the parts of a dl so you dont have to tediously look for every part in the server.

consider joining NZBMatrix: NZB Usenet Downloads. NZBs Downloads Free for nzs since it is updated quite frequently

now lets say we want to dl the Crysis demo, we search for crysis and then we download the nzb.
NZB1.jpg

after we download and unzip unzip the nzb, we go to the batch tab, and select NZB import, browse to your NZB and add it, after you add it click grab and it will fetch all the files for you
NZB2.jpg

after you select Grabyou will be left with this screen, in which case you can now relax while Grabit downloads your stuff for ya, it will also repair and extract your downloads after you finish
NZB3.jpg

Sorry for lack of pictures i cant seem to use [img[/img] for some reason,also i will finish the nzb portion later when i come back a have to leave for business at h00ters:), basically if you cant retreive the groplist then you did it wrong, remember when using usenet you dont have to upload anything

DISCLAIMER I WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LEGAL ACTION TAKEN AGAINS YOU BY ANY ANIT-P2P OR OTHER ORGANIZATION. THIS GUIDE WAS WRITTEN FOR EDUCATONAL PURPOSES ONLY

Now, the only thing I am confused about is this; if your ISP doesn't have a nntp of any sort. You can't use any of this stuff?

ya u can you just have to pay a provider such as meganews,giganews,useneXt,usenet.com etc...

Oh, I plan on using both for different things. New version of Unbuntu just came out, you know.

Newsgroups suck because unless your ISP provides access. you're stuck paying by the gb...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom