Group Policy???

Status
Not open for further replies.

techtim

Baseband Member
I am looking to find a group policy that i can set in outllook, and express that will turn off the reading pane on all workstations on my network. Is there such a policy? is it possible to create? I cant get across to poeple how dangerous having the reading pane on in outlook is. So if this is possible i would sure appreciate if someone would give me details on how it can be done.

Thanx

techtim

got your reading pane on and want to know how to turn it off?

goto outlook or express and click view, then reading pane(layout in express). Turn the reading pane off for inbox, deleted, sent, and the junk mail files. previewing a email from an unknown contact is like inviting a virus in your network, or home computer.

Well its rather easy to have outlook open without preview pane...

to open : outlook.exe/nopreview

Honestly I do not think there is a "GPO" property that you could link this too... However If I were you I would create a MEMO and have the CEO or managing boss sign it and send it out to your users, stating to NOT use the preview pane...

I'll keep searching for the GPO property.

yes outlook 03 and outlook express . Im not sure a memo would really work because people will just ignore it, or act as if they didnt know what to do. Or if it did work, there are always some rebellions. This is a pretty big corp, cant babysit them all lol.
I would just like to do it to all so there is no excuse, if possible. thanks for the advise though, maybe i can find a policy for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom