Good cable modem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireFox

Daemon Poster
Ok, I'm switching frmo DSL to Cable internet........can anyone reccomend a good cable modem? I don't care how big or small it is.....what color.....all it's gonna do is sit in a closet on a shelf.......

I've used both Toshiba and Motorola. Both have worked well for me.

Someone warned me away from Linksys cable modems. Said they weren't very good, but didn't say why.

The motorola I use is a surfboard. Don't remember which one, though. I'll have to hunt for a little while to figure out about the Toshiba.

I have a Toshiba PCX1100 that I've been using without a hitch for around 5 years now, My bandwidth is 3mbs/256k.....

Almost all the ones that you buy now are pretty good. I personally have a Motorola in my home office and an RCA at my temporary home. They both work great and can be found cheap. I bought the Motorola off ebay for around $25 and the RCA from the local cable company for $45. If you are new to cable internet, some stores such as Best Buy, Circuit City, Soundtrack, will sell you the modem with a rebate that makes it free.

Im just using the one that my ISP provided- yours should too. It works fine, ive been using it for nearly a year now and only had to reset once so far. Im at work but if I remember right I think its a motorola... idk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom