Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It will suck

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikepg

In Runtime
OK, I'm not going to tell anyone where I worked, so don't even ask. I just want to hear some opinions of this to see if I over react or expect too much. I thikn you all will get a kick out of this!

If you guys like, I have more pics that are of similar quality!

Disclaimer: I DID NOT INSTALL THIS!!!!!

servercloset.jpg

Looks like a more messy version of my dad's workplace, except you have a thousandath of the gear

well, I for one would be firing who ever was incharge of cleaning that mess. That is just pure lazyness and is very sad to see. It's such a small panel and would only take a few mintues of time to clean up. A few cable ties and thats about it.
Very sad.

Inaris said:
well, I for one would be firing who ever was incharge of cleaning that mess. That is just pure lazyness and is very sad to see. It's such a small panel and would only take a few mintues of time to clean up. A few cable ties and thats about it.
Very sad.

The main problem is that the company does not see this as a very serious problem. What you can't see in the picture is that there is no labeling on the punchdown blocks and no labeling on the patch cables to the switch. To do it right, the correct length patch cables should be run to the switch, but cable ties would clean it up a bit.

What I think is the biggest mistake to the continued employment of employees that do installations like this, and even the continued employment of managers that allow work like this! There is nothing worse than working for a compant that has virtually no standards to follow and no documentation on the network. It makes it extremely difficult for new employees to understand how everything is connected and running.

The funny, actually it is very sad, part is that this clean up has been on the list to do for about 3 years. It is probably the lowest on the totem pole.

Would you work for a company that operated like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom