Gigafast Router - Connectivity Issues When Running Torrents - Advanced Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

throthedice

Solid State Member
Hello,

I have a gigafast router and have tried the following to figure out what the **** is the problem:

- Reduced torrent connections to 130 globally
- Reduced bandwidth to dialup speeds
- Checked the router settings and enabled port forwarding
- Encryption is enabled on Utorrent
- Utorrent is the latest client that I have had.

What happens is when I load a torrent, my internet connection is not effected at first, but after 5 minutes, browsing and anything else becomes slower, then about 10 minutes later I cannot connect to anything yet the client is still able to download (yet the tracker status will go offline as it cannot connect to anything either).

The only way I can resolve the slowdown/connectivity issue is by exiting the client and then 10 seconds later, everything is back to normal.

When I first bought my router, it would have connectivity issues between networked computers and if I listened to an mp3 from a networked location, the transfer would be choppy and eventually the router would reboot itself. It also would reboot itself instantly if I would transfer a file through MSN.

Gigafast finally offered an update and I downloaded it. It resolved all of the issues I was having (Because there were more issues then I mentioned) except for the fact that it hates file transfers through MSN still.

We have tried directly connecting to the internet bypassing the router, and no issues.

Has anyone else had similar issues with even directly connecting to the internet, or through a router?

Do you think I should get a new router, and if so, what brand and model do you recommend?

Thanks for reading my post!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom