Gigabyte 970A-DS3P rev2.xx ethernet

TheDrunk

In Runtime
I upgraded to business class internet form charter, Have a 5pack static IP. and my system is as follows.

Processor: FX-6300 Vishera AM3+ (942)
Mainboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P rev 2.xx
Memory: CORSAIR PC3-10700 32G kit ( 4x8G sticks dual ch)
Graphics: Evega Nvida GTX 760 rev A2

I updated the gigabte board and do not use the Gigabyte software for internet speeds. I have had on previous install of win10 pro, Steam, CPU-Z, Uplay, Partition wizard, winzip, iso-USB, Corsair utility for keyboard and mouse, Wavelink dual port HDD docking bay, Front beezle rosewell all inone card reader with 2xUSB 3.1 and 4usb

So past three days, my on board ethernet will not show or detect any issues, the onboard runs
Realtek GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)

This with the following chipsets,
CHIPSET:
- North Bridge: AMD 970

- South Bridge: AMD SB950

I do not detect any problem with ethernet except it will not connect to the internet.

I am connected directly to the modem a hitron 4port from charter model number : CGNM-2250

I have odne a freash install and installed a gigabyte Nic pci-e x1 Yet I would like to use my pci ports for other things. if I could get some assistance would be greatfull

If the PCI-E NIC allows connection but the onboard doesn't I'd be lead to believe the onboard is not grabbing an IP.

I had it working, so.. I had to use one of my 5 pack for my rig, after a day and a half trying to diagnose and assigning a static IP, I decided to just go back to my router. :( it has been working fine,

Okay...
So I have a 4 port modem.
Want onboard connected to modem and have assigned a static ip.
When I plug to port Enstead of router and assign a static... My onboard does not like working..

Is that static assigned BEFORE moving back to your onboard? If so, turn DHCP back on before changing ports. Make sure ipv4 is set to auto in Windows as well. This will allow the onboard to grab an IP as the static might be bound to the MAC of the PCI-E NIC.

Back
Top Bottom