Ghost and SATA drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas Heat

Baseband Member
Ok so I am working for a company that uses ghost to build all of its systems. Well we just got a bunch of computers in and I created one image to load up to the server.

I came accross a problem because the ghost.exe wouldn't load. After trouble shooting extensivily, I found out that the problem is that the ghost software that I have does not read/write to SATA drives.

The computer will accept and write images to the sever if the SATA drive is disabled and an IDE drive is added.

What I am looking for, because I have too many computers to image to add an IDE harddrive to all of them, is to find some way to make the ghost server work with SATA drives. Maybe a patch or new ghost software.

Money really isn't an issue so if you know of ANYTHING please let me know. However, NOTHING bootlegged or illegal will be acceptable. Thank you in advance. Please feel free to PM me or post here. I am posting this in several places because it might not be a problem on this board in particular.

so does drive image. I would boycott symantec. this has been too big of a problem for 2 long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom