Games lagging with DSL extreme package!

Status
Not open for further replies.

samuraiwarrior

In Runtime
hey guys.
i have a friend that live a few streets down that uses the same internet package drom the same provider and he plays css also, his latency is always between 30-80. My prolbem however is i get latencies around 200-300 on every server!.
im running nothing but the modem in order to get a better speed. this dint help at all. plus require my router.
what could be the problem i used a speed tester to prove that i was indeed getting good speeds. 2.9mbps down and 319.9kbps upload.
these speeds are well enough to play online. and yet i get auto kicked from my own clan server for high latency. i switched from comcast cable internet to thi i now regret it. is there a solution to this. the speeds are high enough to play yet i lagg like heck. Plz help me .
otherwise ill just upgrade to the DSL etreme 6.0 package.:confused:

ill try the firewall thing but not restarting . i have settings setup so that the internet will work through the router

Did you scan for virus's & spyware as the Dr suggested?

Why are you not willing to restart the rotuer & modem? This to me would suggest that you have some 'background' programs running on your PC that you don't want to shut down.....

What is running in the background on your PC?

ALSO.... try this... START > RUN > enter 'CMD' > then 'TRACERT google.com' Then have your friend try this too, and compare results.

If you set it up correctly, then the router will save its configuration... (there should be an option for that on the main router page)....

all you have to do is simply turn it off, then back on. The only way to blow away the config in a router is to use the reset button in the back.... as is RESET TO FACTURY DEFAULTS.... we mean turn the router off, turn it back on.

i even tried disconnecting the router completely and using the modem directly connected to the computer and yety t he problme presisted., GAMES LAG IN COUNTER STRIKE SOURCE!
never had this problem when I had comcast hiogh speed internet. and now any server i play on i get unplayable latency. Even get auto booted from my clan server:-(
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY IT WOULD LAG SO BAD ON CSS? IM GETTING 2.9MBPS DOWNLOAD AND 319.9KBPS UPLOAD RIGHT NOW AND NO OTHER PROGRAMS USING USING THE INTERNET AT THE SAME TIME. also my friend has the same internet package from bellsouth (extreme package) and he plays css over his router and through 4 other computers with playable latency's of 30-80 but not me!!!!!!

Call Bell South and have them run a diagnostic test on your line... It could be that you are far away from your serving CO.

i used the dianostics thing speed.fastaccess.com to get my line speeds.
all my games are unplayble becouse of high latencies

Ever think it was your drivers or what not? what resolution are you running while playing the game? It could be an software issue on your end because it doesnt seem that it is your ISP end

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom