g or n?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke

Golden Master
I know that n is the newest type of wireless router but do i really need it? My connection (when i get it) will prob be around 5-15mb/s. So would it be a better choice to get the cheaper g router?

Get a g router. I have a Linksys WRT54G, very solid router.

agreed, go with G. As for the actual type, that's a bit subjective and you'll get mixed opinions. I, for one, happen to agree with the WRT54G... but that's neither here nor there.

ah yes, i was just asking if there is any advantages if i got an N router, if they arn't worth it i will get a G i just want to know what an N has that G doesn't.

ah yes, i was just asking if there is any advantages if i got an N router, if they arn't worth it i will get a G i just want to know what an N has that G doesn't.

N has faster speeds and better range but it is not finalized. A g router is all that you will ever need.

Do you have a G or N card? LOL That would limit your choice really quick if you never had a N card to begin with :)

i don't have anything yet, this is all premature to a move. I just want to be ready and know what to buy when the time comes XD. Range could be an issue in this matter, so maybe an N router would be a better choice for me.

i don't have anything yet, this is all premature to a move. I just want to be ready and know what to buy when the time comes XD. Range could be an issue in this matter, so maybe an N router would be a better choice for me.

How far do you need. Seriously, wireless n is not worth it to buy now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom