FTP Sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

statman

Solid State Member
I am trying to get to an FTP site to download a free AV program I got with roadrunner. I cannot get to any ftp sites. No one at the AV place knows what I need to do to my computer. Any ideas?

There are many reasons this could happen. I'm guessing your running on WinXP. This could be because of the built in firewall that comes with XP.

Post back what OS you're running on and what Internet Browser you're using. Also post what the error you're getting is.

Go download a FTP program like CuteFTP or ws_ftp. Go to tucows.com, and search for FTP client. IE sucks as a FTP client!

Plus I'm guessing when you type in the address prefix you are using http:// instead of ftp://

Make sure it's ftp://(site address here)

My guess is that it's still a firewall of some sorts. Try adding that ftp site to your trusted sites in IE.

Or disable the XP firewall just for this download. Then re-enable it.

Start -> Control Panel -> Network Connections -> Right click the connection and go to properties

Advanced tab, uncheck the Internet Connection Firewall.

Try connecting to the ftp site, then once the download is done (if this works) re-enable the XP firewall.

Most likely it is just an internet explorer setting. Go to tools and Internet options and delete all your temp internet files, then go through each tab, including security, privacy and advanced and set everything to defaults. Then hit OK and close and re-open IE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom