Frys FR-300USB needs XP driver

TomSanderson

Beta member
Hello all. I have a Fry's FR-300USB wireless dongle, but I can't find the CD containing the driver (for XP) that came with it. I've searched a number of sites, but without success.

Is there anyone who has access to the XP driver files for this device? Frys doesn't support it any longer. I'd appreciate any help that could he offered.

Thanks

Thanks for your response, but I've already tried this particular download and it does not recognize the FR-300USB device. I eventually located the .zip file you mentioned by way of attempting to use the D-Link 130 driver install package (also does not recognize the Frys device) because the D-Link device was listed as having the same FCC ID: KA2WA130E1 that is on the Fry's FR-300USB device. When plugged into a USB port, no drivers present, Windows recognizes it simply as "11n Adapter" and manually pointing to the .inf file (either from the Realtek .zip or in the D-Link 130 package) fails to recognize the device.

Last edited:
By way of sharing an experience that may be of help to others at some time, I did find that it was possible to modify the generic Realtek .inf file (net8192su.inf) in order to create a fake entry (using the D-Link DWA-130E1 parameters - same hardware, different PID) in order to match the VID/PID settings of the Frys FR-300USB. This allowed the driver files to be installed and they function just fine.

Back
Top Bottom