Frequent Disconects

Status
Not open for further replies.

redmoon

Solid State Member
Lately my computer has been crashing from the internet and under the "network connections" in control panel, my icon will turn grey and become "disabled" For now the only way to fix this is to reboot my computer. I cannot think of what is crashing my internet so i looked at my Event Viewer under computer management. Some warnings i get under Application are :

"Windows saved user RAY\Ray Tong registry while an application or service was still using the registry during log off. The memory used by the user's registry has not been freed. The registry will be unloaded when it is no longer in use.

This is often caused by services running as a user account, try configuring the services to run in either the LocalService or NetworkService account."

And some under the System tab are :

"TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts."

and also

"Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network (from the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 00D09E48970E. The following error occurred:
The semaphore timeout period has expired. . Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.
"

Also note that i recently did a complete reformatt of my computer because of this problem. After about two months of cleaness it has started to re-appear.

"TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts."

xp limits the amount of concurrent tcp connections to fight the malware on your machine to contatc the outside world. run spyware and AV scans.

Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network

try this first

You have a corrupt TCP stack. You need to run this fix:
http://www.hometownohio.com/faq/files/WinsockXPFix.exe

Let me know if that doesn't work....but I'm almost sure it will.

troubleshoot network connectivity http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;325487

Ok i executed the program and im going to readup on the connectivity page. Do you think my disconnections are based on malware or hardware/adapter problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom