Forgot/Cant find pass for WiFi

Lukse17

Solid State Member
Hey guys, Im trying to hookup my kindle fire to my wifi but the problem im having is I sadly have forgotten my password. (I know, good job) I havent had to type it into anything in almost 2 years now, and recently I have built a new computer and set it up, so my router information isnt on the computer anymore, and I cannot go into the settings.

Is there any way I can make a new network and change everything on my router so that I can hookup this kindle?

I'm no expert, so someone may correct me if I'm wrong, but you may have to call your internet provider in order to create a new network.

Hey guys, Im trying to hookup my kindle fire to my wifi but the problem im having is I sadly have forgotten my password. (I know, good job) I havent had to type it into anything in almost 2 years now, and recently I have built a new computer and set it up, so my router information isnt on the computer anymore, and I cannot go into the settings.

Is there any way I can make a new network and change everything on my router so that I can hookup this kindle?

If you're on Windows 7 right now and connected to your wifi, you can view your password easily.

Go to Start > Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center > On the left side, click Manage Wireless Neworks > find your connection in the list > right click it and go to Properties > should be a security tab that has a password field, which a checkbox under it. The checkbox should say "Display password" or "Display characters" or something like that. Check that, and it should show you your password.

If that doesn't work, then you can always just do a factory reset on your router, and reset it up manually again.

If you remember the password for the router, then yes.

If you forgot that username/password as well, then you'll have to do one of the two things I suggested.

Wouldnt a simple reset of the router using the reset button on the back solve all of this? It would erase any stored password and while yes a reconfigure of the WiFi would have to be done, at least everything would be done at once and easy to fix.

Wouldnt a simple reset of the router using the reset button on the back solve all of this? It would erase any stored password and while yes a reconfigure of the WiFi would have to be done, at least everything would be done at once and easy to fix.

Suggested that in my first post. Why do that though, if there's already ways to get it that don't require you to re-setup the network?

Back
Top Bottom