Forgot admin username n pw to config my network router

Status
Not open for further replies.

Discusman

In Runtime
Can anyone tell me where can I find my admin username and pw? My net router ask me for username n password in order to allow me into the property. I'm using Windows XP Pro. I went to user account, saw my admin username and set up a pw. Then I tried to enter them in my D-Link router prompt window, it says "401 Unauthorized" message. I believe I need to use the admin name n pw when I was installing the XP. Now how can I find it? Can u help? thx.

the router has a default password, unless you changed that, in which case, you reset the router. Windows XP pw has nothing to do with logging into your router.

almost forgot to mention that if you search, you will find the defalt pw. its "admin" for the username and pw on linksys.. so search, and u shal find

i'm not sure about this but i'm pretty sure you don't have to type anything for your password. well my dlink router was like that. and yea the default user name is "admin"...... if all this doesn't work, you might wanna run this problem out with customer support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom