Forcing users to use a proxy server

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclones

In Runtime
Hello. Im using the software called CCProxy to use firewall and content filtering. I was wondering if there is a way to automatically force incoming LAN users (connecting wirelessly) to force their computer to go through my proxy server so everything will be filtered and such? Mainly is what I want to do is like this:

A. User will connect to wireless internet.
B. If user wants to use internet, they will be forced to go through the proxy server which will pass the information through the content filter and then send it back to their computer.

Is this possible to do for users using Internet Explorer or Mozilla firefox?

Thanks!

block http traffic at your default gateway using a firewall. Typically port 80, but websites can be hosted on any port.

set IE/Firefox to use a proxy. in ie it's Tools > Internet Options, Connections Tab, Lan Settings

Ok, Thanks. Is there anyway for it to do it automatically so that when they connect to the network, it will automatically set them on the proxy without them doing anything?

Thanks!

I know safe squid allows this. I don't remember that far back but there is a good write up on it on their page.

Edit: not using a GP. If you are hosting a domain with AD and the wireless users have to login to your company intranet then GP is the way to go. If this is more for home or small office use your router can be pointed to safesquid on a host computer as the proxy service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom