Flat Cat 6 Vs Thick Standard Cat 5 Cable

Gezroo

Beta member
Hi guys
Im looking at wiring my house and getting rid of our wifi signals. We have a newborn due soon, and the missus is worried about wi fi radiation, especially since we got the 5ghz BT hub4.

I have been looking at flat Cat cables and i found this flat cable which is a CAT 6.

Because its flat (i want to place it under carpets and floorboards)
Do you think there will be any more data loss than a normal 'thick' style cat 5 or cat 6?
Im always a bit sceptical on flat cables, although I have never tried or tested them.
Has anyone else got experience in using them?

There is nothing wrong with flat cables from what I'm to understand. Instead of twisted they are aligned.

You also have nothing to worry about "wireless radiation". That's nonsense.

Well, if she's worried about wifi radiation, which I agree is BullS**t, then tell her that she can't have any wireless baby monitors, bluetooth headsets, cordless phones, security alarms, etc... in the house...

Put another way, the cell phone that people hold close to the head when talking, has as much wifi radiation as (about)20 laptops and 2 routers.

So your newborn would have more of a chance being hit by lightning, than be affected by wifi rads...

Well, if she's worried about wifi radiation, which I agree is BullS**t, then tell her that she can't have any wireless baby monitors, bluetooth headsets, cordless phones, security alarms, etc... in the house...

Put another way, the cell phone that people hold close to the head when talking, has as much wifi radiation as (about)20 laptops and 2 routers.

So your newborn would have more of a chance being hit by lightning, than be affected by wifi rads...

Don't forget about the microwave.

Back
Top Bottom