Firewall and Zonealarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

syedali

Baseband Member
Hi,Guys!

What is different between Zonealarm and firewall

Which one is best one.Any one pls give me helpfull suggesion.

Thanks For Appreciate.

ZoneAlarm is firewall....what's the difference between a basic firewall and zonealarm you might be asking. I guess it all depends on the feature that zone alarm comes with, a basic firewall just filter ports and application like windows firewall.

if you are referring to the "windows firewall"...i would just leave that off and use a seperate program such as Zone Alarm (my preference is Sygate)

Thanks for replay

Which one is best one (ZlsSetup_60_667_000 Zonealarm),(Spf Sygate),(kerio-kpf-4.2.0-785-win),(NPF2004 Norton).

Here are the Top 4 best free firewall, review by PC magazine.

1)ZoneAlarm 6 (rating 4 out 5)
2)Kerio Personal Firewall 4 (rating 4 out 5)
3)Sygate Personal Firewall 5.x (rating 3.5 out 5)
4)Outpost Firewall Free 1.0 (rating 2.5 out 5)

Personally I would go with ZoneAlarm if I had to choose from that list. I'm not sure if Norton provide a free firewall or unless it's a trial version.

A firewall is simply a term to describe a program or hardware device that filters the information coming through the Internet connection into your private network or computer system. ZoneAlarm is a firewall program, and there is no difference because there is no difference. Get it? :amazed:

Ok V.Thanks Law i will get compulsory ZoneAlarm only.

But one problem Pls give me help full suggestion.

But i have 20system in my office.1 week before i installed (kerio-kpf-4.2.0-785-win) in my server after installation when i Enable kerio.In my Network Pcs occuring the error like it is showing off mode on that network system,when i disable kerio that sharing folder is working fine.How to solve and How to share it all systems.

My query is how share ZoneAlarm to another systems.

better english please if you can... what exactly is it you need to do? to put many instances of zoneAlarm on other systems? network?

Law said:
A firewall is simply a term to describe a program or hardware device that filters the information coming through the Internet connection into your private network or computer system. ZoneAlarm is a firewall program, and there is no difference because there is no difference. Get it? :amazed:

Their is a difference between zonealarm and any hardware firewall.

One is hardware, one is software and I can explain later but I gotta go now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom