Firewal Blocking my Internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

munchkin

Solid State Member
Everything was fine..and then out of no where, my internet stopped working, on my Vista Gateway MD26, and said my firewall might be the reason...but that's never happened before.

My connection 'says' its connected to my wireless router, but I can't get on the net. When I diagnose it, it just says "cannot be fixed automatically" or "Send this problem to Microsoft".

I dont know what to do! This has never happened before :(

Please, any help is welcome.

Thanks.

if you're connected to the router than it might be the case that the router is damaged or the connection to your router is damaged. Try resetting your router, or just unplugging it and plugging it back in from power.

By saying that it cannot be fixed automatically what it's doing is trying to pull a new IP address from the router/modem to get onto the internet, which isn't working so it's giving you that message. If you can try and connect directly to the router, and if that doesn't give you internet then try and connect directly to your modem. If connecting to the modem gives you a connection but not connecting directly to the router, then you're router is damaged.

So quick recap, Reset your router, reset your modem, if that doesn't work then connect directly to the router and if that doesn't work connect directly to the modem.

See what those give you for results!

Tried this, but my other computer is working...the internet works...the only thing not working is my laptop wireless :(

Restart your computer.
Try updating the drivers.
Go into your firewall and look for any settings that pertain to connections on the internet.

Is it just the wifi on your computer that doesn't work? If you connect directly to the router does it work?

My Gateway MD26 vista's internet stopped working yesterday...

It was fine, and I didn't download anything that may have stopped it, but now when I try to go online, it won't.

It says, connected to netgear, but it won't actually go online.

I have a wireless router, and the computer it's connected to goes online, (what I'm using right now). My computer DOES connect to other wireless connections, just not my Netgear one.

It started saying something about the firewall causing the problem?

Please help !!!

You can't connect to the wireless network or you can connect to the wireless network but not the internet?
If it's the second case have you tried to ping the router? If you can ping the router maybe is a dns problem. Try to ping google's ip, 209.85.229.99.

My computer connects to different networks, but it will not connect to my network connection...it works on my mom's computer though in the same house....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom