Firefox? - why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

woot7800GT

Daemon Poster
Ok, I'm probably the most ignorant person on TF when it comes to the internet. But, what's the big deal about Firefox? How is it better than IE? Can anyone get it for free? Thanks for the info.

ok yes you are the most ignorant person here lol j.k dude. Ok well its free for one, 2 its always better then Ie , 3 it has a lot more protection then IE firefox doesnt get alot of spyware nor spamming its alot safer put that way i never use IE and i dont get spyware no more nor do i get pop-ups.

yes sure does, u have install 3rd party plugins for media but thats it, u c, the bad ppl kno that ie is the most used browser so y not use that, not to mention its the most security flawed and most easily exploitable, its just like norton, they realized that, that was there main target so exploit that, firefox was designed off open source so u even have the bad ppl explaining how to make it better, its less targeted and was just designed if it was attacked to b less vulnerable, firefox will not just sit and let u install the most shitty apps without even asking u, its about as close as u can get to ie without actually using it.

I tried FireFox several times, and did not like it. It seemed slower, and more laggy. I personally use Maxthon, which is a "fixed" version of IE that incorporates much of the benefits of FireFox, such as tabbed browsing, ActiveX blocker, popup blocker, and integrated search feature. I may be the only one here that will say this, but I just didn't like the feel to Firefox, even after tweaking it with pipelining and stuff. I personally think Firefox is just a "jumping on the bandwagon" situation.

m3trj said:
Firefox is faster and more secure.
sources??

didnt mozilla just release an update to fix 10 holes in ff? And the sources i have read all seem to conclude that IE renders webpages faster then firefox.

...although i dont disagree completely. using a less common web browser does leave you less vaulnerable because who would bother trying to exploit FF browsers when you could exploit IE and hit more people, and generally IE exploits have the potential to be more damaging since explorer is pretty much part of the OS and IE just sits on top of that.

firefox is better then IE and like dark_sniper said its safer then IE. and all I got to say is just download it give it a try.

Beeda you gotta try it again....its a little slow to load first window...but after that its quick....make sure you have updates....Its like having a built in antivirus and spyware blocker. I never get viruses or spyware since switching from IE, it blocks all that crap and no holes or active x issues.

Its also easier and more effieciently cleans cookies, history etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom