firefox cannot connect to the internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncjimn

In Runtime
Ok, i've had this problem for a while now. Firefox cannot connect to the internet and it's driving me nuts.
I used IE for a while, but I just miss regular firefox (right now im using FF_portable, which works fine)

I also noticed that real player can't access the internet either.

I don't think it's my firewall (I have zonealarm) so please tell me how to fix this problem

thanks a lot

Try running firefox in safe mode and see if it works then. If so, it's one of the extensions you have installed.

That would be a simple fix. If that doesn't work, try playing around with your connection. Disable Zone Alarm for a couple of minutes and see if that does anything. Since you have Zone Alarm make sure the windows firewall is disabled.

When firefox started giving you problems, did you install any software or updates at the time? Perhaps do a windows update?

Make sure that both Zone Alarm and the Windows Firewall (if used) are allowing Firefox to access the internet.

I have zone alarm set to allow ff to acces the internet. I'v never tried in safe mode. I'll do that this afternoon.

Yeah, so here is what happened.

I tried safe mode and stuff. it looked like it was something else, I still could not connect even in safe mode.
Then i realized that I have yahoo music engine and a while ago it asked me to change some settings in IE. So i went to IE and reset everything back to default settings. And voila!! ff now connected with no problem.

I had always blamed that piece of S*** called AOL (I had it for like a month or so...needed dialup for free). I guess it wasn't aol, but i still hate aol.

thanks a lot though

now i just hope yahoo music engine still works!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom