File transfer crash with crossover cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

nokism

Beta member
Hi,

This is my first post in this forum, i found it while searching google for a result to my dilemma.

I just recently bought a new pc and have connected it to my old pc using a crossover cable. Now everything works fine, i can see the other pc from this one and i can even transfer files from that one to this one, i have selected my main drives in the old pc to be shared to this pc and it works, the only problem i have is sometimes with some files (big or small) it will start the transfer, then after a second or so my new pc will just reset itself, kind of like if there were a blackout, to be clear the pc actually turns itself off and restarts while the old one just sits there mocking me. I have tried googling for answers and searching this forum with no luck. Both computers are running windows xp pro with sp2 the network card in my new pc is a realtek rtl8139d and the old pc is using the onboard network card. while the onboard network card on my new pc is being used for the internet. The above network card has two lights on it 1 red and 1 green and they are both lit.

So basically everything works fine with the crossover cable evept for frequent restarting of my new pc while transfering files.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

i forgot to mention that sometimes instead of the pc restarting i get a blue screen that says...

"A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Technical information:

***Stop: 0x000000D1 (0xFFFFFFC, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xBA604BEA)

***NDIS.SYS - Address BA604BEA base at BA5EF000 datestamp 41107ec3

Beginning dump of physical memory

...................."

the .............. are part i omitted because they have no relevance

TheMajor: I tried that and got the blue screen again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom