File sharing over a wireless network

Status
Not open for further replies.

stilez

Beta member
How do you share files over a wireless network?:angry: The trouble is, even though my router (Airport Extreme) is connected to my network card on my desktop via LAN, the laptop I am connecting to the internet with, cannot see my desktop PC because I am connecting via wireless network card. Of course, the 'local area connection' which I would usually file-share with is showing as 'disabled' as I'm not using the internal LAN network card.

Am I missing something really obvious? Do I make sense? :rolleyes:

It shouldn't matter if you're on a wireless connection, file sharing still works the same way. Do you have a firewall installed / enabled that could be blocking the file sharing? Are both computers on the same workgroup? Can either pc ping the other one?

Hi,
I have succesfully pinged the PCs from each other in the commans prompt (assuming the IP address in 'connection status' in 'Network Connections' is correct). I am only using the Windows firewall and in fact, its switched off! I just check the workgroup names, and they are both the standard MSHOME, and have different computer names.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom