File Sharing with our server : Coast to Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.
what are we talking about here? spreadsheet, database, what is it? how big is e file?

the file will not be "live" if oregon needs to copy it locally.

edit: it's quickbooks? Just install QB on your terminal server (or sbs) and have your guy/gal rdp in. Way way way faster than a vpn.

Am I withholding? Pardon, details on the ONLY information we need the West Coast to access from the East Coast:

(1) 1 Folder containing 58 Files of ACTIVE DATA = 688MB

(2) Inside that folder we need to open a File that is 4KB small.
This File writes to our Company File located within the same Folder which is 314MB large.

That is literally it. We don't need to access anything else on the East Coast Server. Unfortunately we do not have time to share videos, photos, games. We are simply adding information to the Active Data Folder. It is all VERY boring. The program is not flashy. It is set to the simplest mode possible, no pretty visual details, just the bare data.

Also, the Real-Time is not too intense: If I am entering a Sales Order for "The Corner Store", the other user's can run reports on "The Corner Store", but can not make changes to "The Corner Store" account.

This is a micro-business, I think a VPN should be sublime? I am sure that spending money to host the file on a "Cloud" would be ridiculous... I'll make a move tomorrow. I'll have something to report. Hopefully I won't be complaining about a slow VPN connection.

i didn't mean to put you on the defensive, my apologies.

i don't know. that's a lot of data to be running across a vpn. but in small enough chunks.... maybe.

magic 8 ball foresees disappointment. if the app can install and run on your server, rdp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom