Figure this one out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol have they tried taking the router to someone elses and seeing if it works there, if it does then tthe router isnt the problem it`ll narrow it down to:

1.Thier computer messing up
2.The wireless adaptor is broken or needs firmware update
3.The modem is having trouble

baronvongogo said:
lol have they tried taking the router to someone elses and seeing if it works there, if it does then tthe router isnt the problem it`ll narrow it down to:

1.Thier computer messing up
2.The wireless adaptor is broken or needs firmware update
3.The modem is having trouble

At least the router works fine when it's wired, but I've been thinking more that they messed something up. I mean, one day they called me and said they had enough of their computer running slow, so I did some scans, found 5 trojans and 2,900 spyware. So it's pretty evident they're not too advanced with computers.

Anyway, where they lived before the area was very open so when they went to search for their network they only saw one listed there. They recently moved and didn't have any other networks showing up there either, but they got new neighbors and noticed her name listed up on the network list too. They thought she was leeching off of their connection, but in reality she had her own connection. After that, they went into the linksys setup and messed around, but they told me they didn't change anything, they just saw that the security was disabled and that was it... That's when I was asking her what she saw, and before I knew it AIM would sign her on/off, on/off, on/off... then finally ka-put! She couldn't get back on via wireless.

lol Then let them suffer :beard: wireless isnt very user friendly for those who havnt used computers much.

Tell them just to return the router for a new one if possible if that doesnt work odds are its thier comp I mean 2,900 spyware! the most Iv ever found on someones comp was 340 what the **** are they downloading ;)

formatting fixes all. you wanna see a pc at its top? format your PARTIONED DISC ONCE A WEEK. my pc runs at top. whats wrong with formatting when youve got a 500g external? format for quality and speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom