Fax Machine Problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayce

Fully Optimized
So, we had a problem with our Lexmark all-in-one. Big surprise there, eh? So I called Lexmark and on the 5th time calling them, we finally got a replacement in for the old problematic one.

So we get this new one in 4 days ago and it's actually really nice, installed easily etc. Faxing and everything worked and for once I was like, wow, go Lexmark.

So I was testing the fax today, because my dad uses it to fax work orders up to his job. It's a small stipulation with his job because his work is an hour away, and instead of driving an hour to pick up his work truck, he keeps his work truck here and just faxes his paperwork up later.

I shot out about a dozen faxes, all worked great. I was trying different lightness/darkness settings to see how they showed up. Then out of no where, the Lexmark just shut off during a fax. It dialed out, said connected, and seemed to be sending it. Then bam. It shuts off. It reboots itself and when it comes on it prints out a single page giving the details about what happened, mostly just saying 1 Fax Failed Due To Power Failure. Okay fine. But now it does it every single time I try to fax...

I've done a power cycle, left the darn thing unplugged for 10 minutes and tried it again, etc... I have no idea how else to troubleshoot this thing. Faxes aren't my strong point.

the machine tells you "..due to power failure". focus on that.

try a different outlet. reseat the connections. replace power cable.

The power outlet is not the problem. The printer works fine plugged into it, whether I'm scanning, copying, printing, etc. It worked fine faxing in that outlet for the 4 days I've had it.

Note - I just tried to send a fax to that free site I was trying. It works now... I wonder if there was a limit on that web site which somehow caused the thing to shut off when I hit that limit??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom