Fake Ip?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aha i see thank you :). Very informative thanks again :)

Ever heard of or used YourFreedom? i dont use proxys to hide myself but to allow me access to services (not torrent or anything dodgy though) past firewalls. They do come in handy never the less.

Relentless.

I have not heard of them. But it sounds like Bugmenot. A site that you can use to get login info for sites if you do not wish to use your own stuff.

Glad to know that this info i have in my head is useful to some. I am almost sure that i am right on all of it. Some of my details about how Proxies work might be off. I have not studied them in detail. No need to.

Technically, it IS possible not to be 'traceable' on the internet. Especially if you can configure the proxy you're going through. But, seeing as most reasons for knowing any of this are questionable at best, why and who wants to know this anyway?

Well, actually it becomes much harder to be traced through a proxy... when it is configured right and you're not accepted cookies or viewing java/flash projects. Of course if anything like "big brother" ever wants to find you then you're right screwed, however for a nice bit of anonymity use Tor, a public Wi-Fi router, a non cookie accepting browser, and Peer Gaurdian - should give you a nice bit of security... however that doesn't prevent the problem of you MAC address. Your IP address means absolutely nothing, it is not always a constant thing, and can change. Your MAC address has to be spoofed for true anonymity online.

Your MAC address really means nothing as far as 'online' goes.... Your computers MAC address is only visable by your router or modem.... then the ISP sees the Modem's MAC address.... If you were on a public Wi-Fi router, only that router would see your MAC address.

If the ISP sees the modems MAC address then wouldn't that mean that it can be traced from your ISP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom