Extreme trouble opening port "25565"

Talkashie

Solid State Member
I can't open this port no matter what I do! I have had people connect to me on team viewer and they said I had it all set up right, but it just wasn't working. If someone wants to connect to me on team viewer and take a look at my router settings, please ask, I need help!

A few things to check:
Ensure the port you're opening is UDP and TCP
Ensure the port is forwarding to the computer that needs the port open (I'm assuming this is for a Minecraft server)
Ensure your server is running on that port (I know Bukkit allows you to change the port)
Ensure you can connect to the server locally (By using the servers internal IP address)

Make sure there are no other computers using that same port

If that doesn't work, your ISP may be blocking that port (unlikely, though. it isn't a commonly used port)

Try using a different port (My server runs on 25567 because I had it that way once and for some reason it just stuck :tongue:)

If you still have problems, post it here and I'll be happy to help you further.

EDIT: Also, make sure anyone connecting from outside your network connects using your external IP address. That can be obtained through a google search, "What is my IP Address"

Thank you for the reply. And yes, I gave other people my external IP address. I can connect to my server locally. The port is UDP/TCP, and it is set to 25565 on Bukkit. The server is on Online Mode. I watched 4-5 tutorials on how to port forward a minecraft server and I double checked everything. I am confident in saying I didn't set it up wrong. I am not sure why it isn't working.

PM me your TeamViewer info and your server IP and I'll see what I can do.

PM me your TeamViewer info and your server IP and I'll see what I can do.

He cant. New users don't get PM's till 40 posts. He will have to use your profile and email you the information.

Oh. Well.. Whatever way he wants to get it to me. There's links in my sig :tongue:

Couple of questions:
- Is your modem bridged? (public IP on your router)
If not, is your routers private IP set as a DMZ host on the modem? Or do you have port forwards in your modem also forwarding port 25565 to your router IP?

A lot of people forget that the traffic has to get through your modem first to get to the router you already setup with the port forwards.

Back
Top Bottom