external ip address isn't working to view page?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroShade

In Runtime
I had set up my box to serve out to the internet. Simple enough... worked for the longest time to... just type the external ip in the address and booyah... I was home. But now... for some reason... and I can't think of any changes that could affect this... but I can't seem to get a connection with my external ip anymore however... I can access my pages via my internal ip from multiple computers in my network. Any ideas what could cause my external to stop working?

Have you verified that the external IP address hasn't changed?
What Is My IP Address? - IP Address Lookup, Info, Speed Test, and more

Have you checked the router's config to ensure that port forwarding is being done correctly? Is the computer/server/whatever where the page is being hosted on DHCP, or static IP address? If it is DHCP, it could be that the router is trying to forward it to a different IP if it has changed.

External ip is the same... and its static. I'll look around my routers configs... maybe I did something and forgot about it.

Was anything chaned on the webserver? Double check the port number that it is running on, and also the port number that the router is sending traffic to....

for example... my webserver is running on port 8080 on something behind the router.... router sends http requests from port 80 facing the ISP, to port 8080 on my webserver.... this is all transparent to the end user of course....

If that all works, check with your ISP. I know some are starting to block specific servers being hosted on non-business-class internet connections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom