Extending Home WiFi connection to a remote location with Outdoor AP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kei888

Beta member
Hi guys. Good Morning. Need help. I want to set-up/ extend or share my internet connection to our church. The problem is its location is 3.5km away (non Line of sight) from my house.

I saw some outdoor Access Points and I want to know if outdoor APs can extend/ detect my home WiFi from a 3.5km remote location?

How many APs do I need? Can I set-up 1 AP only on the remote site to be able to connect it on my Linksys router at home?

My top 2 Outdoor AP choices:

a) 5GHz 150Mbps Outdoor Wireless Access Point (TL-WA7510N)
b) 2.4GHz High Power Wireless Outdoor CPE (TL-WA5210G)

Thank you so much.

If you're trying to set up a connection from your main router in your home and send it to your church, you can expect a lot of time spent connecting devices from one end to another. It sounds like you'd like to transmit the radio signal from your home to a receiver at the church correct? If this is the case, you'll need a transmitter or basically some kind of atennae, whether you use bidirectional or not is totally up to you. It also depends on where and how clear a line of sight can be made between your home and the church. Is this a signal traveling over trees and such? Also, What kind of bandwidth are you getting from your ISP or do you use enough equipment to provide your own services and this setup is simply creating a small work group of some kind?

If you're trying to set up a connection from your main router in your home and send it to your church, you can expect a lot of time spent connecting devices from one end to another. It sounds like you'd like to transmit the radio signal from your home to a receiver at the church correct? If this is the case, you'll need a transmitter or basically some kind of atennae, whether you use bidirectional or not is totally up to you. It also depends on where and how clear a line of sight can be made between your home and the church. Is this a signal traveling over trees and such? Also, What kind of bandwidth are you getting from your ISP or do you use enough equipment to provide your own services and this setup is simply creating a small work group of some kind?

Yes, what I wanted to happen is to share the internet connection at home (3.5km) away from our church (not line of sight) in "Bridge (Point to Point)" mode. But I'm having problem in choosing the best brand and model of AP. What I've only found are two APs from TPLink (TL-WA5210G or TL-WA7510N).

Below are my questions if home(ISP source) is 3.5km AND 1km away from church:

a) Do I still need to buy a separate Antennea for these APs?
b) How many APs should I buy? Two(end to end)?
c) If I'm gonna need to buy 2 APs, do I still need to provide Antennae for EACH APs?

Thank you so much. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom