Everything appears fine, but I have no connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striken

Baseband Member
I woke up yesterday afternoon on my home computer and had no connection to the Internet, and I still don't. I'm typing this out from a computer lab hoping that I might get a tip from someone here. Let me describe the situation:

Being in an apartment, I'm plugged directly into the wall and don't have a modem of my own. I changed absolutely nothing with the software on my computer the night before. During the night I noticed my alarm clock had been reset as if there was a power surge.

I was told to contact Comcast, and I did, but they were completely useless without some information that my apartment was not able to provide. So I went back and forth lacking the information needed to get any help, and basically got myself nowhere. I went to sleep hoping it might fix itself overnight, but it did not.

Everything appears fine on the computer. Windows is not detecting any problems and I'm sending and receiving packets. I just have no connection whatsoever and it isn't just Firefox. I've tried all the basics, like replugging the Ethernet cable, reinstalling the network card driver, etc. Nothing seems to help.

I think I might recall having this happen to me once at home. I downloaded a small .exe that reset some kind of setting and fixed my connection. I don't know if this is related, but if anyone knows what I'm talking about, I'd like to give that a shot.

Anything you may be able to help with would be appreciated. As you probably know, living without an Internet connection sucks!

What kind of apartment complex are you in if you don't have your own modem that would mean the Internet belongs to the apartment? Comcast provides cable Internet and you should have a modem or a modem should be somewhere there unless there's only 1 modem for the entire apartment and the Internet is shared using a router. In that case, is everyone in the apartment having the same problem?

I think it was between my roommates and I.

The maintainence request form did the trick. I would've liked to know what was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom