Every download keep freezing (might be vista or wireless router problem)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hayden1992

Solid State Member
Hi guys, basically my problem is that whenether i try to download anything (and i mean anything) between 1% and 99% it will freeze. even on youtube the videos wont load all the way, and i just dont know the problem, i use vista home premium and a belkin wireless router, the computer i am on uses wireless conenction, and the connection is at excellent, can someone please help me, i have scanned my computer and theres no viruses.

oh sorry just noticed i posted this three times, page wouldnt load *sigh* and i tripple clicked submit

Few things to try.......

Download and run ccleaner and cleanup

CCleaner - Home

www.stevengould.org - CleanUp! Home

Reset your internet settings via internet options>Advanced>reset

and post a hijackthis log just to check if there is anything deeper within your browser or system that might be causing this

Download HijackThis 2.0.2 - FileHippo.com

and this might help

open notpad, copy and paste the items below and save it as rest.bat

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /flushdns

Now double click the batch file, should take about 12 seconds or so

post the results

Deleted other threads and moved to Internet access.

Have you reset the router Have you done a IP Config release/renew? Have you tried a different browser? Have you got SP1 installed?

Cheers,
Mak

thanks for the replys guys. i will try the clean ups first, and mak, what is a SP1 im new to this computer buisness, ill reset my router when dad gets back.

SP = Service Pack

Do you know how to reset the router? Theres a small pin sized hole in the back either on the right or left side. Take a pen or whatever and press the button inside the hole for 10 seconds, turn it off and then back on , should now be reset

if i reset the router will i instantly be able to reconnect to the internet wirelessly (doing stevengoul clean up atm)

or will i have to go through the whole router isntallation on my downstairs pc again

and once more how do i check what SP i have

if i reset the router will i instantly be able to reconnect to the internet wirelessly (doing stevengoul clean up atm)

Should be able too, what kind of router do you have? Did you change the default SSID? If you have a Linksys router, the default name is Linksys. Usually there snot much to configure in a router unless you are a hardcore user that needs to setup remote access, ftp, etc.

and once more how do i check what SP i have

Right click on My Computer>properties>general tab will show you

yes i have SP1, i will go and reset my router, the rest.bat file opens shows the resutls but closes extremely quickly

Usually depending on some systems it takes longer, it was quick on my system as also

have you ran thru everything else?

ok came back from reseting router, had to reinstall it also >.> it didnt seem to affect youtube gonna try downloading a big file like world of warcraft, clean up got rid of alot of cookies for me, thansk for those :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom