Ethernet over Bluetooth

murfy

Beta member
Hi there, I work for a servicing company and need to connect to devices out in the field over an ethernet connection. at the moment we need to take laptop to the piece of equipment and plug in a patch lead, we would like to do this from our vehicles as usually there is nowhere to sit our laptops

basically i would like 2 dongle type things that plug into both RJ45 ethernet ports and basically, over bluetooth, act as a cable. these will need to be battery powered.

is there such a thing?

See picture for example of what i need

Attachments

• Bluetooth Ethernet.png
    Bluetooth Ethernet.png
    7.7 KB · Views: 8
Hi there, I work for a servicing company and need to connect to devices out in the field over an ethernet connection. at the moment we need to take laptop to the piece of equipment and plug in a patch lead, we would like to do this from our vehicles as usually there is nowhere to sit our laptops

basically i would like 2 dongle type things that plug into both RJ45 ethernet ports and basically, over bluetooth, act as a cable. these will need to be battery powered.

is there such a thing?

See picture for example of what i need

You can look into trying this - connectBlue - Bluetooth Rugged Ethernet Port Adapter RBE231

This is a link to the new version http://anybus.com/products/wireless_bridge.shtml

thanks for that.

looks like what im looking for although something with a internal battery would suit us more.

cheers

Back
Top Bottom