ethernet cable not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Running

Daemon Poster
i have been using an ethernet cable recently on my computer and it has been fine. but a few days ago there was a power surge and it reseted my computer and after it rebooted i could no get on the internet. the thing is when i hook my modem up onto another computer it works. also when i look at the status of the "local area connection" it is not receiving packets just sending. help anyone

what is a NIC? sry im not too smart when it comes with networking stuff. is it something i would have to buy? if so could you give me a link to newegg

ok i just installed a new NIC but after i installed it, i booted my computer up and the same thing happened. only sneding packets but no receiving packets when i look at the status. and i do not have any firewalls on my computer that could be a problem. what oculd be the problem?

i have a 2wire router, the one they gave me from sbc dsl. well i called the dsl help line, and found out my ip adress is 169.something something, and he said that way my problem, but i dont know how to fix it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom