“ERROR: Editize could not resolve hostname ‘xxx' to an IP address.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

texas97

Beta member
I am helping out a non-profit group and the main organization has merged all the sites to be on their host site. I have set up a username/password and when I log it and try to edit the site it tries to load a java page and then gives me the following error:

“ERROR: Editize could not resolve hostname 'xxx' to an IP address.”

I tried both Mozilla and Internet Explorer and I am getting this error. I went to the java update page and updated the java. Restarted the computer and still having this problem. I tried this on a friend of mine's computer and it works without his error.

So what do I need to do to fix this problem on my computer? I went back to the java update page and clicked on the link to verify that I had the latest edition and still no luck.

Any advice?

THanks!

Do you mean that the website.org is not up or the DNS on my computer that I am trying this on is having problems?

Do you mean that the website.org is not up or the DNS on my computer that I am trying this on is having problems?

well, yes, you said that you had merged all the rest of the sites into the main one, its just a guess but they could have missed a few records, either not deleting the old or not adding the new, or there may not be one all togeather. I would start with doing simple NSlookups on the host name's and ip address you are tring to contact. But if you arnt using a name to get there and you are using just an ipaddress none of the DNS stuff would matter. Then it would be somthing else.

reading it agin... it sounds like you can reach the site but just the java part is not working corectly. The Java app must have some code telling it to get data from a certin IP address, witch is not there or is not working corectly. Maybe a certin app got moved from one server to another or its ip address has changed.

So I took my laptop to one of the meetings and it gave me the error. Both on IE and Firefox. One of my friends had his laptop and I logged on his and tried it and it works.

So my computer is preventing me from loading that java app or it is crashing. Not sure why.

So I took my laptop to one of the meetings and it gave me the error. Both on IE and Firefox. One of my friends had his laptop and I logged on his and tried it and it works.

So my computer is preventing me from loading that java app or it is crashing. Not sure why.

ok.. i would look at the version of java that you and your freind are using, i am betting that your freind's is older. I run into that with a few apps we run, a new virsion of java is installed and the app stops working. If so just uninstall the virson of java you have and download an older one.

hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom