Error 769: Unable to reach the Destination Address

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cpage01

Baseband Member
Ok guys. I am very nubular when it comes to networking computers. But hers my problem. This computer has a router, it has an ethernet cable connected to my upstairs computer. I went through the connection wizard, but when i try to connect using roadrunner i get the message in the topic or "Error 769: you specified a destination address that is not valid" well. I dont know what the hell a destination address is.

But here is one thing that might help, I can hook the ethernet cable from the router of up to my xbox, and my xbox plays fine on xbox live. (a service allowing you to play games that requires broadband if you dont know what it is)

I tried a search but didnt understand enough of this networking stuff to know what was going on. Thanks so much for your help. I will just be so happy if i can get that computer upstairs to connect...

Edit: im on Windows ME and when i open up the network connections i see roadrunner as one of them. The icon has a lock in the top right corner (I think that means Firewall) and it says disconnected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom