eithernet not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

geist

Solid State Member
Hi first post on this new forum and i have a very bad problem.Awhile ago my eithernet stopped working for my abit AV8 motherboard i have no idea what has happend but my USB works ok , it refuses to give me an new ip and gives me some error with tcp/ip , othertimes when i plug my eithernet into my motherboard it just says "a network cable is unplugged" i have even tried buying an eithernet pci plug in and it still did not work , i wouldnt be complaining about USB if it wasnt gaming...my ping has raised significantly and it is no longer any fun to play :( i hope someone has a solution please help ive been on phone with my isp numerous times and they just said "usb is fine" which it isnt

open control panel | system properties, device manager. look for any unknown devices or devices labeled with an exclaimation point.

no nothing out of the ordinary , in network devices their are three things

1#1394 Net Adapter
2#Motorola surfboard cable modem
3#Via Networking giga-bit eithernet adapter

now number 2 never used to be their up untill i used usb and my 1394 in network panel used to have the same ip as my local area connection with my eithernet ip in their and its blank too and its just bugging me so much ugh :(

1) That is your firewire, don't need it as of now.

2) That shows up when you connect your modem usb port to your computer usb port, Windows detect it as a device.

3) This is what you want to fix. Open up command prompt and ping 127.0.0.1 and see if you get any reply. If not you might have to use Winsockxp to fix that or you might have to ditch that NIC.

If it says cable unplugged it might mean the cable you are using is going bad, switch it out for a new one then connect it to the network card and the modem. Restart the cable modem by unplugging the power and plugging it back in.

no i had mcafee and uninstalled it recently but this was way after the eithernet stoped working , i just downloaded that winsockxp fix and ran it and my eithernet was showing an ip but had no connectivity than my usb started giving me the same problems as my eithernet not working just spent over an hour trying to get it back up and finaly got it working heh...i really dont know what the problem could be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom