E-mail problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alley-Guy

Beta member
Hi,

I have this problem with my e-mail.... first of all I download my e-mails through Mailwasher Pro.

I've recently changed my ISP from ISP A to ISP B. With ISP A I had a dial-up account and I've changed to ADSL with ISP B. However, I've retained my dial-up account with ISP A so as not to have to advise everyone about new e-mail address etc.....

The problem occurred as soon as I changed my ISP. I download ISP B e-mails successfully, but not the dial-up (ISP A) ones.... a message in Mailwasher pops up: "The connection was intentionally closed by the server before the session was completed".

Can anyone help please? Thanks.

sounds like one connection is over riding the over in the mail program. Does the mail software support multiple simultanious POP3 connections? Usually only one is allowed.

The problem doesn't occur just with Mailwasher, but also with other email programs like Outlook and Incredimail, so I think it's some kind of security from the part of my previous ISP.... do you have any solution to this problem please?

I think the problem /might/ be that isp a doesn't allow you to check your emails from outside their netwrok, as far as i know many isp's do this, security precausions and all that, Do they not have a web site thing that you can download the emails from? I can't see you being able to get them from isp 1 without either a webmail type interface or being connected using your old dialup.

Yeah I am currently downloading them through their website but I find this a bit boring you know....

What is a webmail type interface?

webmail type interface = the bit on there website where they let you download them (just another way of putting it.).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom