e-mail addresses

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must be missing the question, the two examples you gave are the same..

if you change it in outlook your displayed e-mail address would change I beleive. Just don't change the username for the server...give it a try and see what happens.

nah, it didnt work. oh well... i got the filter thing that makes mail from certain addresses filter out into a josh folder anyway. message rules i think its called.

edit: nah ive decided i do want to make this work. when i go to set up the account, type josh, and a password, the do the pop3 and smtp stuff exactly the same as dads, so i have and address which is exactly the same apart from before the @. when i go to log on it says that the username and password have been rejected by the server. what is wrong?

so do i not need to create another account then?

edit: i sent one to josh@xxxxxx.freeserve.co.uk from my hotmail account (rubbish, outlook is much more the buisness, it doesnt take years to load) and it never arrived. :confused: maybe i do need to set up a new account

joshd said:
so do i not need to create another account then?
Perhaps you do now then!. I was with freeserve probably around 5 years ago so things may well have changed since then... well they have changed they are now called wanadoo!!

As long as the xxxxxx was your username then if it didnt work it probably never will. You could always email freeserve - it isn't hard for an ISP to create you more email addresses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom