dynamic ip bummer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

osokk

In Runtime
i contacted my isp and they said that i had a dynamic ip address on there network and the only way to possibly change my ip was to not be on there network for four days and that might not even work. is there anyway possible that i can go around this? this may have been asked but i looked through the forums and couldnt find anything.

thanks

well if you have a dynamic IP, your IP will change.

Do you mean that you have a static IP, and you want it to change?

but if you mean that you have a dynamic and you want to change it, just pull the plug for about 24 hours.

well the customer service guy said i had a dynamic ip on there network and it would take 4 days and even then it was no guarantee it would change. i guess ill try the 24hrs thing you mentioned. also do i just unplug the power or unhook the cable and ethernet also?

If someone is attacking you, then you might be able to amek your isp change your IP. But, as it is, your IP is not likely to change before those 4 days. Of course, it may have been several days since you last ip change, meaning you may only have a few days to work. But, I would still try unplugging it for 24+ hours, as was suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom