DSL vs. Fiber Optic internet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh.They are likely to be plastic.

They have a perfect signal because of the length of them, very little light will be lost.

That's a separate little debate, it doesn't matter for you.

If you don't have to extend any contracts or anything, I'm gonna go ahead and agree with the rest and tell you to get the fiber.

And that's awesome that Qwest is starting to put in fiber. I'm still stuck with their 1.5 Mbps DSL. I hear rumors of them upgrading in my area, so I'm crossing my fingers.

dsl uses digital signal to transmit signal from the provider to the end user while fiber optics uses pulses of light to transmit data and it has greater resistance to electromagntic interferences (emi) compare to other medium

dsl uses digital signal to transmit signal from the provider to the end user while fiber optics uses pulses of light to transmit data and it has greater resistance to electromagntic interferences (emi) compare to other medium

im pretty sure light isnt affected by emi at all. besides, fibre optic is better because it has more potential to improve, seeming as its fairly recent. i think DSL at 7-8Mbps is about as good as it gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom