DSL Error 678

Status
Not open for further replies.

sayaprayer

In Runtime
"The remote computer did not respond." or "Specified destination is not reachable." I've been getting this error today and I haven't changed anything lately. I have a speedstream modem. I called my ISP and they haven't offered me a real solution, just wondering if anyone else has experienced this error.

I've seen this error for about 2 years with a few different solutions. They mainly popped up for me in DSL environments within restaurants. Even though there were different solutions pertaining to the different situations, there was usually 1 common element: This was USUALLY OS related. There was one instance where this was hardware related.

Have you tried to install a piece of software that may inadvertently changed your IP settings? Change any drivers?

Before I go reinventing the wheel and poking around at possible solutions for you, why not follow this guide straight from MS.

You will find that the more common solutions will be what Microsoft offers as solutions #2, #3, #4 and #5. From personal experience, #4 and #5 are the most common.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom