Dropping internet connection and slow speeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjpe88

Solid State Member
Hi,

I am having a problem with my BT Homehub (i'm in the UK). It keeps dropping the broadband connection quite regularly (3 times a day at least) and can take up to 10 minutes to reconnect. The only problem being when it does reconnect there 60% chance the download speed will have dropped (upload speed is unaffected). Then it normally trundles along at about 150 kbps for a couple of days before re-syncing back to 2mb. I have called BT many times and they don't seem to be able to help. E-mails from BT tell me the problem could be due to static and when I call them up I get the same Indian BT helpdesk attendants who don't seem to be able to resolve the problem. I have had this problem for a while and I have tried many different routers and bypassed the wiring in the wall socket only to get the same thing over and over. However, the hub later reports false download rates (still at running at 150 now):

Speedtester.bt shows an IP profile of 136 kbps

DSL Connection
Link Information:

Uptime: 0 days, 0:16:59
Modulation: G991.1 annex A
Bandwidth: (Up/Down): 448 / 2,848

The download speed was showing 228 earlier today
Here are the most recent ADSL line details:

Uptime: 0 days, 0:30:36
Modulation: G.992.1 annex A
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 448 / 2,848 (speedtest.bbmax.co.uk shows 126 down / 260 upl. right now)
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [KB/KB]: 223.00 / 843.00
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12.0 / 17.5
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 31.5 / 53.0
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 23.0 / 12.0
Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / TSTC
Line Profile: Interleaved

Has anyone else had similar problems with BT's most recent hub and could anyone tell me what the problem might be here? I'm guessing it may be a line problem or their servers at the exchange. My IP profile should not be that low and was wondering if there was any way to manually increase that

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom