Download speeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Cajun,

Just a thought but what is the usb connection? version 1.0 or 2.0? You might want to concider going a PCI NIC.

The USB is v2.0, I have an Intel 82562EZ network card onboard, but how do I hook that up to work with the USB modem or do I need the modem at all? :confused:

You can find a breakdown of what I have here:
http://www.pcservicecall.co.uk/layout.asp?id={DD68E85E-552C-436D-AF73-7B4B0A2F9FC2}&catid={E28C338D-2A7F-4868-824C-8C71C7D46281}

I prefer dsl over cable myself, at least in market of Socal , SBC seems to have a more stable, less latency, less downtime then Adelphia. And at least for me the speeds are higher, I am on a 608/6MB plan at $44.95 a month, once I take off the overhead of a point to point and tcp/ip I run at 510/5.2Mbps. NOT bad in my book.

Yeah, but SBC is not everywhere in SoCal yet. I lived in Ventura County before moving overseas and there is no broadband at all yet in certain portions of Thousand Oaks (91360). It seems that Adelphia and SBC are sloooooooooooowly getting around to my old neighborhood, maybe by the time I get back I can get cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom