DOS + Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuskatappaja

In Runtime
I dont mean Denial Of Service, I mean Disk Operating System
:D

I have DOS web browser (Arachne) and ISA Etherlink III Network card with drivers.
However, I can't make it to work, I want to connect to internet with ADSL (TCP IP just doesnt work, IPX does)
I can do it with modem but thats not cheap, and its too slow

Someone on the internet with MS/PC-DOS ?
Any suggestions?

Are you just trying to experiment or make things harder for yourself? I think the only thing you can do with DOS and the Internet, depending on which version you have is telnet and ftp. I don't think there are and DOS web browsers available. You definitely have to have tcp/ip unless you connect to a proxy that supports ipx on the lan and is connected to the Internet through tcp/ip.

Realistically, you should probably just upgrade to Win95 and get a dialup modem and/or and better nic that supports tcp/ip.

I just like experimenting, and I really have graphical web browser for DOS!

640x480 65000 colors

TCP/IP is still problem, I hope I find some solution to this..

you actually get a multicolor browser working in dos? I tried links2 in gentoo and it was monochrome... no mouse.. took me 10 minutes just to post :)

This is great idea.......

May be DOS webBrowser is uncrushable?
where can I obtain a copy of it?

Can spyApps hack you homeBage of this DOS W/Browser?
if no we can suggest this to Billy to put it in the new Windows.....

Thanks for reminding me of the word IPX

I think the cisco router im getting for free is IPX

I wouldn't go so far....

as to say that it'd be virus free......

The first virus I ever received on a system was a boot sector virus on a DOS6.2 based PC. Although viruses weren't nearly as common as they are today, it was still a bad thing.

Now if you said, I'll be less of a target for viruses, I would agree with you =)

Anyway, be sure you have the proper NDIS drivers for your NIC card and read their guide to setting up the NIC under DOS. The link posted in the previous email for the network boot disk will do the trick with the proper NDIS drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom