Do you need help with Networking???

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcombes

Solid State Member
Hi Everybody! :cool:
I am a real Professional when it comes to Network for home or business.
I can give you help the Active Directory, DHCP setup, Internet Sharing, CAT5e Cables, All about Windows 2000 Server, almost everything about Windows 2003 Server and just about everything. So just post in this forum for email me (combes@iprimus.com.au).

Ross Combes

well ross, this forum ws set up for people to ge help with netowrking issues, im glad to see more pro's on here like you.

i dont mean to sound rude or anything, but there are more of us out here that know aobut networking too, so everyone who has a prblem, does not need to go to you.

Ches
:D
Have a great day

I am installing a 4 port wireless access point 11G (router). I plan to use 2 machines, one is a Dell laptop with a on-board wireless adapter, which connected to router with no problem. The other machine is Dell Desktop that I installed a PCI wireless(G) adapter on. The zero config windows pops up to alert that an access point is available. When I select the default "linksys". It attempts to connect, then pops up again to let me know that an access point is available.
WEP is not enabled. When I execute <ipconfig> this machine reports that "media state is disconnected".
I don't know if this is relevant but, the IP Routing is enabled and Node type is Hybrid. The group name is different on this machine and someone suggested that this could cause the media state to be disconnected? I also reinstalled the driver, no success. And I also located PCI card in another slot, same result!
I am a Time Warner High Speed Data Technician and have also ran into this once out in the field.
I hope that you can help.

(I went to linksys.com and entered their chat room and the technician thought that the driver on the PCI needed to updated)

Thank You,
Bruce Hand

Definitely update the driver. It couldn'y be WEP anyway because if that was the case you wouldn't even see the network.

hi ross

i have just obtained a broadband connection that stops my home network (2 computers with crossover cable) working. i obviously do not want to have to switch my local network connection off and on whenever i want broadband. the lsp will not help except to say i need to specify ip addresses manually for my home network connection. i only have one computer connected to the internet. do you know what ip addresses i shold be inserting?

cheers

brent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom