Do I Need a New Router?

Status
Not open for further replies.

edgewoodzgimp13

Baseband Member
Idk what's going on, this just doesn't make sense. I moved my computer into another room with cable modem and wireless router. The wireless works fine on other computers but webpages have issues connecting and loading on the main computer. I go to speedtest.net to check my speed and it comes back at .41kbps down and .01kbps up. Here's the thing, when downloading from utorrent i maintain speeds from 1-2.5 MB/s. As soon as I directly connect the modem to the computer I maintain my torrent speeds and webpages load with ease. Speedtest.net comes back with 24.18kbps down and 8.18kbps up. What's the disconnect here that I'm just not understanding? Helppppp!

Are you hardwired into your router or are you using wireless on your main computer? Are you running any firewalls or Peerblock on your main computer?

I am hardwired from the router into the main computer that's giving me issues. I tried connecting the main computer using wireless and still have the same issues. The thing that doesn't make sense to me is the fact that it was working perfectly fine in the other room on a different computer.

That is odd, and your torrent downloads are fine, just your web browsing. Just for testing purposing you could put the problem computer in the DMZ of your router to rule out any router level SPI firewalls or blocked ports. I wouldn't think it would be a router firewall problem since the other computers on your network are working fine. This wouldn't help the speed, but I was having a lot of issues where webpages wouldn't connect or timeout. I had my computers DNS server set to my router, so I changed my DNS server to Google's DNS 8.8.8.4; 8.8.8.8 and that fixed my connection issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom