DNS Server dropping connection when battleye updates

pokernod

In Runtime
I wasnt completely sure rather to try this in Gaming or Networking but since Ive scoured the internet for answers, and Gamers dont seem to even realize the pattern thats happening, much less what to do about it, I thought it would be best to ask those who know networking and the ins and outs of DNS servers rather than the former:

Windows 7 running Avast Antivirus and Comodo Firewall
Centurylink DSL Internet 6mbps up - .50mbps dn (I know, I know)
Westel Modem E90-610014-03 Rev E
Belkin Router F5d8235-4 v2
Two Hardwired Computers

Any help or even a suggestion as to what direction to go or where to start would be appreciated.

This is a strange one. in short, when I try to log on to the multiplayer servers for the games Arma 2 and Arma 3, my internet goes down and when I trouble shoot the connection, Im informed that the DNS Server is not responding. The weirdest part is, this isnt local. Its dropping the DNS Server for the modem (im guessing) or router, since my roommate also loses conn in her room.

Im feeling that this has something to do with Arma's Cheat Client, Battleye, as it tries to update. Both Arma 2 and Arma 3 both use the same cheat client versions and this ONLY happens with this game and during the time battleye should be updating as Im signing into a server. I then either get a "kicked from server, Batteye not responding." server message, or (usually the second time, or after time enough for the DNS server to have dropped) a "Connection failed" message. I can then immediately close the game and see that my internet has the yellow exclamation point sign on it and I cannot connect to any websites.

Im not the brightest match when it comes to networking, at all. So Im just not sure where to start trying to fix this, rather it be the modem, router, my computer, the game, the cheat client, or what. Is this maybe a port forwarding problem, a firewall or anti-virus software problem, a windows 7 problem, Pfff lol, I havent the slightest idea here.

Curious... have you tried to do the most basic troubleshooting task of connecting directly to the modem to see if you still lose connectivity?

In all honesty, it seems to be a serious issue with the games.
https://www.google.com/search?q=Wes...#q=Arma+internet+connection+dies+when+playing

Basically the games are sending out a MASSIVE amount of requests when connecting, and expecting responses, most all modems and routers will treat this as a flood attack and reject it all, or it's just too much for a modem or router to handle. It's honestly a poorly built game.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom