DNS - Ping works, Browser/Outlook Don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

dadepfan

Beta member
So, below is my network configuration. Basically, the problem I've been having for some time, and through several configurations (including single-router), is that the XP machine cannot resolve the domain name for the servers on the Linux machine.

I can ping successfully, using the internal IP OR the domain name (www.mydomain.net or mail.mydomain.net), but the IE browser and the Outlook mail program cannot access either server using the domain name address.

Before I added the Vonage router, both programs could access the servers via the internal IP (192.168.15.nnn), but NOT using the domain name address.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?? I tried just about every setting I can think of, and have run the Windows "reinstall repair" command, but to no avail.

It seems strange to me that Ping resolves the domain name with no problems, but programs cannot!

Thanks

Posting a reply in case someone viewed my first post before I fixed it (first time around I accidently posted it wthout a finished question, and it made no sense).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom