DNS Issues?

This is how you'd run nslookup...

Also where it says Server & Address, yours will list the default DNS server that it is contacting to get the record from (it's most likely hosted by your internet provider).

Attachments

• nslookup.PNG
    nslookup.PNG
    41.6 KB · Views: 4
Try disabling the firewall program and see if you get the same issue.

I experienced the issue a little while ago and I decided to try and turn my firewall off and see if that affected anything, didn't seem to fix anything so I turned my AV off as well, didn't seem to make a difference either.

Also run a tracert to google.com or another website you are having issues with.

I know - we are throwing stuff at you, just try one at a time as this issue comes back up and we can see if we can get to the bottom of it.

I've attached an image showing the trace route and nslookup when I don't have the issue, should I do the same again if I run into the problem?

This is how you'd run nslookup...

Also where it says Server & Address, yours will list the default DNS server that it is contacting to get the record from (it's most likely hosted by your internet provider).

Many thanks :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2.png
    Screenshot_2.png
    17.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_3.png
    Screenshot_3.png
    3.9 KB · Views: 0
Yes, need to see what the conflict is.

Have you tried running something like Google DNS or OpenDNS?

My apologies for not replying for a few days, but I hadn't encountered the issue till just now, so I couldn't run the comparisons till now. I've attached an image showing a before and after comparison, the first set of results are during the issue and the second set are after I disconnected and reconnected to my network.

Also I haven't tried Google DNS or OpenDNS yet.

Attachments

• Screenshot_4.png
    Screenshot_4.png
    34.5 KB · Views: 2
Back
Top Bottom